Monday, June 11, 2012

Brownies

Yum Yum Yum Yum!  I really loved these Brownies and so did everyone else!  Now, I'm all for full sugar when I eat out but when I bake at home, I always tweak the recipe to include less sugar.  That's just how I roll.  So, I've included the original recipe and in parenthesis are the measurements for my less sugar options.  When you add less sugar, you get a more cake like texture that is still moist and chewy but lighter due to the lower sugar content.  The result = no tummy ache from eating too many delicious brownies!!  I think I ate like four or five of these guys and I'm not even going to think about how big I cut the brownies!  It's really up to you how much sugar you want to add, both ways are good.  However, I've used honey to help cut down the sugar content and some vegans don't eat honey so you could use maple syrup or another sweetener variety.  Also, when baking you need to make sure your sugar says Vegan on it somewhere.  Totally gross but bone char is used to bleach the sugar thus making is nonvegan.  If you are really lucky, the sugar will be both vegan and organic ♥.

Yields 10 brownies but in my house, it was 5!
Ingredients:

  • 1-1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/4 cups white sugar (I used 1/3 cup white sugar and 4 tbsp honey but this will make the brownies fluffy and less dense like a traditional brownie)
  • 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons water
  • 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil  (I used 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350℉        Bake Time: 25 to 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar (and honey if using it), cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.  Stir together to mix.  Then add the water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well incorporated.
3.  Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan lightly with oil.  (Really, you can use any size pan).  Pour in the batter and pop into the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.  To see if they are done, insert a knife or toothpick into the center of brownies and if it comes out clean, they are done.  You could in theory let them cool before eating them but really, who does that?!  Enjoy!!

YUM

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by consuming Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete