Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Killer Tomato Sauce

Really, "killer" is absolutely necessary in this title.  I mean, how often can you say that something is so incredibly good, so utterly delicious as to be without a doubt, killer?  Right.  This tomato sauce will make you forever give up pre-made varieties from the store.  Use it as a pasta sauce, pizza sauce, or for ratatouille and you will be so happy you took the extra few minutes it takes to make this mouthwatering and yet incredibly simple sauce.  My Killer Tomato Sauce will make you feel like a pro in the kitchen and will instantly add a powerful punch of flavor to any dish you put it in.  Guaranteed :)


Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes, soaked 15-20 minutes (I use the Trader Joe's variety from the bag)
1 1/3 cup chopped, seeded tomato (Roma work really well)
1/3 cup soaking liquid from sun-dried tomatoes
1/3 tsp Himalayan salt or sea salt
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil (if I have fresh basil on hand,  I'll omit the oregano and just use 4 large basil leaves)
1/4 tsp Herbs de Provence
1 tsp honey, agave, or stevia
Black pepper to taste

Blend all ingredients until smooth.  For pizza sauce and wraps, I add a little less water and for pasta sauce I add a little more water.  Really, this recipe is very flexible and you can mix and match different herbs.  For spicy versions, I add paprika and red pepper flakes!

✌ YUM




No comments:

Post a Comment