To Sprout Chickpeas:
1. Take desired amount of chickpeaks (about 11/2 cups), place in a bowl or sprouting jar and cover with 2-3 times as much cool filtered water. (If using filtered tap water, allow the water to sit for about an hour to be sure the chlorine has evaporated).
2. Soak overnight or for about 12 hours. Drain water and rinse the beans by giving them a gentle swish.
3. If using a bowl, rinse your beans in a strainer and then return to bowl. If using a sprouting jar, just rinse. You will need to rinse the beans 2 to 3 times a day and keep in a cool place away from direct sunlight. Make sure to drain your beans really well so they are not sitting in water if you are using a bowl. A sprouting jar will be angled so that excess water will drain out.
4. In 2 to 3 days your sprouts will have little white tails and will be ready to use. Keep covered in the refrigerator and they will last about 3 to 4 days.
* if you plan to bake the chickpeas, you can soak only and it will still help to remove the gas casuing sugars.