Thursday, May 10, 2012

Vegan Soy-Free Quiche

Don't get me wrong, I love tofu.  It's delicious, versatile and will adopt any flavor/texture you assign to it.  However, with soy being added to so many foods these days, being a popular GMO crop (so make sure to only eat certified organic soy) and so many people having soy allergies, I decided to make a soy- free vegan quiche!  This was no easy task.  As of now, my recipe is in the works.  Here is my first quiche:

It was delicious but I used a combination of flax meal, chia meal, and quinoa flour mixed with nutritional yeast and veggie stock to work as the filler.  It tasted great but took on a very flax color which made it look like an earth pie and not so much a quiche.  So, this tasty treat is still in the works :)

No comments:

Post a Comment